The High Heel Needle Painting Pattern is an ambitious project for tackling the long and short stitch technique, also called 'needle painting' or 'thread painting'. In needle painting, multiple shades of thread are blended across the fabric to create beautiful, almost realistic images. The finished product may look intimidating, but the stitch itself is very simple; the illusion comes from the color gradients, stitch directions, and diligent single-strand work.
While this pattern is marked as ‘moderately difficult’, everyone’s skill set is different. Some knowledge of embroidery or painting may be helpful, but most important is an upbeat attitude.
This listing is for the digital embroidery pattern only; your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. If you are looking for the complete DIY embroidery kit, you can find the High Heel Needle Painting Kit here.
You can find tips, and tricks for this pattern at: kdornbierdesigns.com/high-heel
Embroidery Pattern Details
Hoop Size: 6", 7", or 8" (15 cm - 20 cm)
What You'll Need:
- 6"-8" (15 cm - 20 cm) embroidery hoop
- Embroidery needle (Size 9)
- DMC embroidery floss skeins (9 colors)
- Felt for backing (optional)
Stitch Techniques Used:
- Blanket Stitch
- Long and Short Stitch
- Lined Long and Short Stitch
- Satin Stitch
- Split Stitch
Covered in the Instructions:
- Tools and supply information
- Pattern color and stitch guide
- How to mount a hoop
- How to thread a needle
- How to start and end a thread
- Needle painting tips and best practices
- Step-by-step illustrated instructions
- How to back a hoop
- Illustrated stitch library
- How to transfer the design (for repeating the project)
- Pattern transfer image (for repeating the project)
A reminder that nothing will be shipped to you. All items are in digital format to be downloaded after purchase. Due to the nature of digital downloads, under no circumstances are refunds or exchanges allowed.
If you have any questions, please check our FAQ page or reach out directly at email@example.com.
All instructions are written in English.
Pattern, illustrations, images, and text are © kdornbier LLC. For personal use only. Items made from this pattern may not be produced for resale. All rights reserved.